[Python-Dev] Re: [pypy-dev] Re: [ann] Minimal Python project

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:19:09 +0100

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:41:04PM -0700, Kevin J. Butler wrote:
> >From: holger krekel <pyth@trillke.net>
> >
> >We announce a mailinglist dedicated to developing
> >a "Minimal Python" version.  Minimal means that
> >we want to have a very small C-core and as much
> >as possible (re)implemented in python itself.  This
> >includes (parts of) the VM-Code.
> >
> >From: Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>
> >Way cool.
> +1

+1

> The Squeak Smalltalk implementation is interesting & relevant:
> http://www.squeak.org/features/vm.html
>
> The Squeak VM is written in a subset of Smalltalk ("Slang", different

IIRC, this is also the case for Mozart, an implementation of the Oz language.
Cf http://www.mozart-oz.org/

> Can-I-play-with-it-yet?-ly y'rs,

I want this and some time to play around with metaprogramming in Python !!

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)