[Python-Dev] [ann] Minimal Python project

Christopher Blunck blunck@gst.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:32:26 -0500

Boss.

On one of our projects, we are only allocated a 32Mb footprint in which to
fit kernel, root filesystem, essential libs (c and curses for example), and
our actual product.

A component of our product is a configuration gui that we wrote in py.  We
put a lot of effort into shrinking down py and getting it as small as we
could in order to fit on the filesystem (recall that running a linux system
writes stuff (utmp for example) that must have space above your installation
waterline).  We had a lot of success.

I'm very encouraged and excited about this project.

Definitely keep the world posted, as this could really open some doors for us.

-c

--
  5:30pm  up 81 days,  8:46,  1 user,  load average: 0.14, 0.30, 0.61