[Python-Dev] Parallel pyc construction

Paul F Dubois paul@pfdubois.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:10:25 -0800

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me with this problem. I will =
try to
make a command line option for this.

The .py files in question belong to the user and I don't have any =
control
over where they are; and I don't know about them ahead of time so I =
cannot
precompile them. The user wrote the files so all I know is that someone =
is
trying to import something. Each of the hundreds or thousands of Pythons
reads the same Python program. However, since we are using a parallel
processor and the problems will run for minutes if not months, the cost =
of
any imports does not matter.=20

It is interesting that the other set of people who care about this are =
doing
little embedded stuff, sort of the exact opposite end of the computing
spectrum.

Paul