[Python-Dev] DUP_TOPX

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
13 Jan 2003 18:12:14 +0000

Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net> writes:

> Note that someone (not me -- never tried it) thought enough of LLTRACE to
> document it, in Misc/SpecialBuilds.txt.

That would have been me.

> When I created that file, I warned that any special build not
> documented there was fair game for removal, so *someone* must want
> it, and badly enough to write a paragraph <wink>.

It's handly for ultra low level debugging (hence the name -- maybe it
should be ULLTRACE <wink>).  It's the sort of stuff that wouldn't be
hard to add while you were debugging, but it's there now so why kill
it?

Cheers,
M.

--
  Roll on a game of competetive offence-taking.
                                            -- Dan Sheppard, ucam.chat