[Python-Dev] Interop between datetime and mxDateTime

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:13:00 -0500

> On the other hand, I guess *just* the existance of a "timetuple()"
> method is as good an indicator as any.

Good point.

But timetuple() is also the proposal's weakness, because you don't
know in which timezone it is expressed.

I think utctimetuple() would be more useful -- mxDateTime can support
that, and so can datetime, when a tzinfo object is given.  You could
fall back on timetuple() if utctimetuple() doesn't exist.

(Hm, I just found that utctimetuple() returns the same as timetuple()
when the tzinfo is None -- that doesn't seem right.)