[Python-Dev] Interop between datetime and mxDateTime

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:34:11 -0500

[Skip Montanaro]
> I haven't been following any of the datetime machinations
> closely, but this issue of reading pickles caught my eye.  Why
> would the two versions have to be able to instantiate each others'
> pickles?

Zope Corp funded this work for Zope3, Zope3 has to run under Python 2.2.2 at
first, datetimemodule.c relies on new-in-2.3 C features (like METH_CLASS) so
can't be used in Zope3 at first, and pickles written by the Python
datetime.py (which Zope3 is using at first) need to be readable later when
Zope moves to Python 2.3.  Vice versa also for Zope3 reasons.