[Python-Dev] import a.b as c

Christopher Blunck blunck@gst.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:45:00 -0500

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 07:46:47AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > The docs currently say that import-as doesn't work if the imported
> > thing is a submodule. Patch #662454 points out that this documentation
> > is factually incorrect, and suggests to remove it.
> >
> > Can anybody remember what the rationale was for documenting such a
> > restriction?

No idea.  I originally speculated that v1.x of py wouldn't allow import-as with
a submodule and that the documentation was a relic.  Turns out that v1.x
doesn't allow import-as at all.  That kind of invalidates my hypothesis.

> > If not, I'll apply this patch.
+1

-c

--
 10:25am  up 86 days,  1:41,  1 user,  load average: 3.47, 3.49, 3.58