[Python-Dev] PyConDC sprints

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:15:46 -0500

We have reserved the two days before the DC Python conference for
sprints.  Tres Seaver from Zope came up with the term sprint to
describe a multi-day, focused development session that uses ideas from
Extreme Programming.  Another way to think about it is an opportunity
to sit face-to-face with your fellow Python developers to work on
Python.

I'd like to get an idea for how many people on this list are planning
to attend the sprints and what topics they want to work on.  The key
to making the sprint work is to find sprint coaches who can round up
developers and makes realistic plans for a two-day development
project.

If you want to attend, want to coach, or have an idea about a topic,
please send me an email.  I'll summarize to this list later.

I expect there will be a nominal cost for the sprints, maybe $50 to
cover room and infrastructure.  We're not planning to provide food,
but there is a cafeteria in the building.

Jeremy