[Python-Dev] Adding Japanese Codecs to the distro

Atsuo Ishimoto ishimoto@gembook.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:22:20 +0900

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:40:19 -0500
barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) wrote:

>     >> We also need active maintainers for the codecs. I think ideal
>     >> would be to get Hisao share this load -- Hisao for the Python
>     >> version and Tamito for the C one.
>
>     MvL> That is a valid point. Has Hisao volunteered to maintain his
>     MvL> code?
>
> AFAICT, Tamito is pretty good about maintaining his codec.  I see new
> versions announced fairly regularly.

(cc'ing another Tamito's mail addr. Tamito, are you wake up?)

 I believe he will continue to maintain it. Of cource, I and people in
the Japanese Python community will help him. I don't expect such kind of
community effort for Hisao's codec. Active users in Japan will continue
to use Tamio's one, and don't care Python version is broken or not.

Atsuo Ishimoto
ishimoto@gembook.org
Homepage:http://www.gembook.jp