[Python-Dev] Re: GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:20:06 +1100

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:03 pm, Kevin Altis wrote:
> Anyway, I'm probably a month away from being able to present an adequate
> comparison of using each for different relational datasets. One data set
> I'm looking at is roughly 800MB of data, the other is only about 256KB and
> I'm looking at the smaller one first since it also has a simpler table
> structure.

Oh, and one other thing: from way back at the start of this discussion, it was
decided that performance was not going to be a major deciding factor. Sure,
we can make sure the perfomance doesn't suck, but if you want a large
database, use a real database engine :)

   Richard