[Python-Dev] Re: GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:26:20 +1100

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 12:08  PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>> Use granted for any purpose without fee, provided the Copyright and
>> permission notices appear in all copies and supporting
>> documentation.
>
> This is actually a pretty serious burden -- the list of licenses we
> have to keep around in all copies and docs keeps growing. :-(

Hmm... I assumed that I would simply cut & paste the agreement
into the Gadfly documentation I'd have to adapt for the Library
reference. Looks like Python licence but Aaron wants to be identified
as the author ('CV-ware').

cc:'d to Aaron for the horses mouth opinion if the email address I have
is still valid.

 From COPYRIGHT.txt:

The gadfly and kjbuckets source is copyrighted, but you can freely use
and
copy it as long as you don't change or remove the copyright:

Copyright Aaron Robert Watters, 1994

                         All Rights Reserved

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
provided that the above copyright notice appears in all copies and that
both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
supporting documentation.

AARON ROBERT WATTERS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO
THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL AARON ROBERT WATTERS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT
OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/