[Python-Dev] Adding Japanese Codecs to the distro

Atsuo Ishimoto ishimoto@gembook.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:02:38 +0900

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:37:08 +0100
"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> wrote:

> Ok, we're finally approaching a very reasonable size :-)

I'm really grad to hear so.

> BTW, why is it that Hisao can use one table for all supported
> encodings where Tamito uses 6 tables ?

There are several kind of character set used in Japan. His codec
supports only two character set called JIS X 0201 and 0208.  Tamito's
codec supports other character sets such as JIS X 0212 or Microsoft's
extended charactor set called cp932.

> > Thank you for your advice. I will try it later, if you still think
> > JapaneseCodec is too large.
>
> That would be great, thanks !

I'm not sure this is effective or not, though. Mappling tables under
current implementation are well condensed. Anyway, I'll try to reduce
size.

Atsuo Ishimoto
ishimoto@gembook.org
Homepage:http://www.gembook.jp