[Python-Dev] Re: disable writing .py[co]

Terry Reedy tjreedy@udel.edu
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:24:22 -0500

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin@v.loewis.de> wrote in message
> Furthermore, mm_cfg is located in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py. I believe,
> as a policy, you should not have binary files in /etc.

For this and similar use cases, where the behavior switch needs to be
on a per-file or group-of-files basis, a possible solution would be
another .pyx extension (why not claim them all?) such as .pyf for
py-final, meaning "this python code is the last (and only) version we
want to see on the file system -- do not write anything else -- .pyc,
.pyo, or any future version of processed code".

Terry J. Reedy