[Python-Dev] Proto-PEP regarding writing bytecode files

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:53:24 +0100

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> This PEP outlines a mechanism for controlling the generation and
> location of compiled Python bytecode files.
[...]
> Add a new environment variable, PYCROOT, to the mix of environment
> variables which Python understands.  Its interpretation is:

I believe this is currently underspecified: It only talks about where
.pyc files are written. Wherefrom are they read?

Any answer to that question should take into account that there might be
existing .pyc files from a compileall run.

Regards,
Martin