[Python-Dev] logging package -- documentation

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip@red-dove.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:27:48 -0000

> I'm willing to keep these things if you fix the documentation.  The
> documentation for the whole module is currently in a rather sorry
> state.  Example: "Using the package doesn't get much simpler." is more
> sales talk than documentation, and the example following that phrase
> produces less and different output than quoted.

Yes, but I've already uploaded a better LaTeX documentation file:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=638299&group_id=5470&atid=30
5470

This was uploaded quite a while ago - on 14 November 2002. The version in
CVS appears to be a version Skip put together from the web page
(http://www.red-dove.com/python_logging.html); hence the "sales talk". The
above item is assigned to Skip and you've asked him to merge my upload with
his work, or override as he sees fit. The status is still open so I'm not
sure whether Skip has had a chance to do anything.

Admittedly, that upload does not have complete details on the configuration
file format. I can easily rectify this, but can you (or someone) please look
at the above upload and tell me if the documentation is otherwise OK?

Regards,

Vinay