[Python-Dev] Extended Function syntax

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:27:14 +0100

Greg Ewing wrote:
> I wouldn't object to it. I also wouldn't object to using the extended
> function syntax for static and class methods. I just don't want to see
> some horrible kludge stretching the extended function syntax to places
> it doesn't naturally want to go.

Is that a dislike towards the notation, or towards the implementation
strategy. I agree that an implementation using getframe is ugly.
However, I do think that the proposed notation is natural, and that
there is a clean implementation for it, too (just provide the filter
with a reference to the namespace-under-construction).

Regards,
Martin