[Python-Dev] Re: native code compiler? (or, OCaml vs. Python)

Graham Guttocks graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:31:25 +1300 (NZDT)

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> wrote:

> Graham, you have worn out your welcome here.

Well, I apologize for bringing up a subject you don't enjoy
talking about. Has anyone ever told you guys that you don't
handle constructive criticism well? I've seen it as a lurker
on this list as well as c.l.p, and now firsthand.

And Guido, the problem with having a crummy attitude like
this is that it tends to infect those around you tainting
the whole project. Don't turn Python into another OpenBSD
or qmail.

> Python is free -- if you don't like it, you can walk away,
> or pay somebody to add the feature you want.

Have you forgotten that without users and potential users
Guido, Python would cease to exist?

> So don't just go about requesting features and expect them to
> be implemented if no-one else thinks they are needed.

Sorry, but I don't remember ever requesting or expecting anything.

In any case, thanks to those few who had the maturity to offer
a constructive response to a question which is not well explained.

=====
Regards,
Graham

- What's on at your local cinema?