question??? [Python-Dev] Property syntax

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:05:27 -0500

> > Not at all.  This is still wide open.  I happen to like generalized
> > thunks because they remind me of Ruby blocks.  But I realize there are
> > more ways to skin this cat.  Keep it coming!
>
> question, do you want thunks to be able to take arguments? is being
> able to write something like this a target?
>
> iterate(list): (x):
>   print x

Since we already have a for loop, I'm not sure what the use case would
be, but it might be nice, yes.  Feel free to call YAGNI on it until
a better use case is found.  But I imagine it would be easy enough to
add on later in the design -- thunks can have free variables anyway,
so providing a way to bind some of those ahead of time (and designate
them as bindable) should be easy.