[Python-Dev] Problem with 2.3b2 tarfile?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:34:15 +0200

On dinsdag, 1 juli 2003, at 17:31PM, Michael Hudson wrote:

> I know, let's end the filenames with U+2026, HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS.
> This will surely create no interoperability problems at all.

ROTFL.

Let me tell you a bit of history. These filenames are actually
the strings that will be used in menu entries. Originally, some
of them ended in ellipses (okay, not unicode ellipses, but either
MacRoman or Latin-1 ellipses, I can't remember). Then people
complained. Then we changed them to "...". Now other people complain.
It seems you can't win em all...

Sjoerd: why don't you submit a bug report? Please assign it to Just:-)