[Python-Dev] alternate pserver access for python CVS?

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
06 Jul 2003 15:42:13 +0200

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

> Hmm, I was thinking of the tarball that you get by doing a clean
> checkout and then zipping everything up. I believe that's what
> Martin is doing.

Almost. Doing a clean check-out would mean to provide my SF private
key to the cronjob, which I'm not willing to do. Instead, I download
the CVS repository snapshot, unpack that, and do a local checkout.

There have been comments that the SF CVS snapshot might not be
generated every day - I'll have to check that.

> But you're right: if someone wants a special branch of the
> CVS tree then setting up a CVS mirror makes more sense.

OTOH, I can easily add "common" branches to the set of tarfiles that I
produce - let me know if you need anything that I currently don't
produce (as long as disk space allows it).

Regards,
Martin