[Python-Dev] alternate pserver access for python CVS?

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:59:15 -0400

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003, Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:
> Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:
>>=20
>> Right, and so is http://cvs.perl.org/snapshots/python/python/.  Only
>> SF itself is making tarballs of the CVS *repository* available (as you
>> mention below).  If these files aren't mirrorred somewhere, we really
>> should -- SF says "please ensure your project has established a backup
>> plan" in the same paragraph where it gives the tarball link.
>=20
> I think Barry (or was it Jeremy?) once created a mirror for these -
> they are taking up disk space on pydotorg. I don't know whether that
> mirror is still in effect, but I would assume it is.  As a side effect
> of producing tarballs, I now also mirror these repository tarballs.

Correct (more or less -- but I can't find where on creosote this stuff
is right now).  And thanks to the good offices of Sean Reifschneider,
I've got an eight-CD collection of the CVS archives prior to the 4/2002
cleanup on python.org.
--=20
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.=
com/

"Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS