[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 release schedule update

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:08:01 -0700

Brett C. wrote:
> Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>

>> No joy:
>>
>> test test_time failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/home/admin/PythonCVS/dist/src/Lib/test/test_time.py", line
>> 107, in test_tzset
>>     self.failUnless(time.tzname[1] == 'AEDT', str(time.tzname[1]))
>>   File "/home/admin/PythonCVS/dist/src/Lib/unittest.py", line 268, in
>> failUnless
>>     if not expr: raise self.failureException, msg
>> AssertionError: AEST
>>
>> This was on a clean HEAD checkout, applying the patch (762934), run
>> 'autoreconf' in dist/src, followed by './configure --with-pydebug' and
>> 'make test'.
>>

> OK, now what shall we do?  Could we hard-code the test itself by doing a
> string comparison in C to see if the name of the timezones match?

I went ahead and coded up my own version of the patch to check for AEDT
explicitly.  I can't test it, though, because I am having problems
getting a newer version of Autoconf to run on my OS X laptop (OS X comes
with 2.52).  If someone can give it a go and fix any errors on it
hopefully this will do the trick.

-Brett