[Python-Dev] Vacation and possibly a new bug

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:53:25 -0400

[Skip, test_pep277.py]
> This seems better:

Not with hard tab characters it ain't <wink>.

>     def test_listdir(self):
> 	import sys
>         f1 = os.listdir(test_support.TESTFN)
>         f1.sort()
>         f2 = os.listdir(unicode(test_support.TESTFN,
>                                 sys.getfilesystemencoding()))
>         f2.sort()
>         print f1
>         print f2
>
> If someone with ready access to a Windows machine can try that change
> tonight I'll check it in, otherwise it will have to wait until I'm at
> work tomorrow morning.

Caution:  if someone does this, say which version of Windows you used.  This
entire test file is skipped on Win95/98/ME, so a report of "no problem" from
one of those won't help.

I'll try it on Win2K tomorrow (I won't have access to Win2K until then).