[Python-Dev] test_pep277

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:57:32 -0500

We still have this problem about test_pep277.  I suspect Martin's right that
we should back out Just's change to posixpath and tackle it after the
release.  However, I wonder why this error with detail.filename not being a
unicode object

    ERROR: test_failures (__main__.UnicodeFileTests)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "../Lib/test/test_pep277.py", line 64, in test_failures
        self._apply_failure(open, name, IOError)
      File "../Lib/test/test_pep277.py", line 54, in _apply_failure
        if check_fn_in_exception and details.filename != filename:
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)

isn't seen on Windows?  I presume the IOError is raised and the same
comparison is made.  Is it possible that check_fn_in_exception is False on
Windows?

Skip