[Python-Dev] 2.3rc1 delayed

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
17 Jul 2003 23:24:52 -0400

I've decided to postpone the 2.3 release candidate 1 until Friday.
Given the errors reported with current CVS on Cygwin, I don't expect
that this release candidate stands much chance of becoming the final
release.  So I'd rather wait a little and see if anyone can make
headway on the Cygwin problems.  If we can fix something tomorrow, all
the better.  If not, we've only lost a day.

I also checked in a probable fix for the problem Tim reported when
running test_strptime, test_logging, and test_time in that order.  I'm
not confident that the fix is correct.  Basically, it tries to restore
the locale to its original value when test_logging finishes.  Can
someone who understands locales review that change?

Please continue to avoid checkins on the head unless the changes are
both trivial and critical <0.5 wink>.