[Python-Dev] Re: New branch for r23c2 work

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:53:34 -0400

[Andrew]
> The whatsnew23.tex changes added some more text and fixed a minor
> formatting glitch. They should be safe for 2.3c2, though I'll defer
> to Fred and/or the release manager if they disagree; otherwise I'll
> check them in to the branch if given the word.

Provided you want these changes (fine by me!), there's nothing more for =
you to do -- they're already where they need to be for 2.3c2.

> Another change I would like to make before 2.3 final is changing the
> first paragraph to include the actual release date: "Python 2.3 was
> released on August 1, 2003..."  I can do that as soon as it becomes
> clear what the final release date will be.

No problem.

> I'm not responsible for the modulefinder change, but it's only to a
> comment: unlikely to be harmful, but equally harmless if deferred to
> 2.3.1.=20

It's already in, so thanks for checking its harmlessness.