[Python-Dev] New branch for r23c2 work

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:36:20 +0200

On Tuesday, Jul 22, 2003, at 17:17 Europe/Amsterdam, Skip Montanaro
wrote:

>     Jack> Skip: could you try linking your test program with a command
> line
>     Jack> similar to what Python uses?
>
> No change.

Grmpf. Next wild idea: could it have something to do with the way the
code referring
to getaddrinfo() is loaded from a bundle, in stead of being in the main
executable?

This is difficult to test in general, but you could try turning your
test program into
a Python extension module by renaming main to initfoobar() and
importing it. Python will
complain after importing the module, but by that time you'll have the
numbers:-)
Goldman