[Python-Dev] Vacation and possibly a new bug

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:20:07 -0700

Brett C. wrote:
> Just a quick reminder, I am going off for a vacation and my brother's
> wedding tomorrow (July 13) and won't have a definite Net connection
> until July 22.

OK, I am back with vacation having gained a sister-in-law and possible
housing in San Luis Obispo.

> The bug #762934 (patch for configure.in to detect time.tzset better) is
> still open.  I uploaded my own version of the patch that is more
> explicit in detecting whether the function works properly.  It works for
> me, but tzset has always worked properly for me.  If someone with Red
> Hat 6.2 can test it that would be great (that will close bug #763153).

This bug is still open.  Skip and I have verified it works on OS X, but
it *really* needs to be tested on a Red Hat 6.2 box.

> The macostools error (bug #763708) is still happening and I still think
> it could be an OS X bug and not ours.

This is still happening and I am working with Jack to solve this.

> And after I updated my copy of CVS and tried out the patch for tzset
> detection as mentioned above I got a failure in test_pep277.py (only
> difference between CVS and my checkout is configure.in and only in the
> tzset code and regrtest.py):

These both have been solved.

-Brett