[Python-Dev] Vacation and possibly a new bug

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:04:24 -0400

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:45:20PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> [Skip]
> > > The thought occurred to me the other day that we ought to have a
> > > table on the website (probably on the Wiki) where people can list
> > > the kind of systems they have ready access to if they are willing
> > > to help with some tests.  It would make it easier to locate people
> > > who can "configure ; make ; make test" on more obscure platforms.
>
> Hm, what happened to the snake-farm at Lysator?  Aren't they supposed
> to do exactly this?  Is Neal around?  I think he's our official rep there.

Here.  I was thinking Skip's idea would be bad since I'll be listed
for a bunch of platforms. :-)

RedHat 6.2 isn't in the snake farm.  Right now, things are in pretty
good shape on the snake farm builds (I watch them on a regular basis).

Unfortunately, some of the problems deal with minor OS variations
(like a specific patching being applied or not), so even having the
"same" version of th OS isn't always enough.

I have access to the following systems:
        RedHat: 8, 9
        Solaris: 8
        AIX: 4.2.1.0, 4.3.1.0, 4.3.3.0
        HPUX: 11.00 A
        IRIX: 6.5
        DecUNIX, OSF/1, Tru64: 5.0, 5.1

There's also the SF compile farm which has Linux 2.2, Max OSX 10.2,
and Solaris 8.

Free testdrive accounts can be setup for various configurations.
For example, see http://testdrive.hp.com  I've heard there are
other accounts offered, but don't know any links.

Neal