[Python-Dev] PyConfig.h On Solaris

John Abel john.abel@pa.press.net
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:02:41 +0100

> John Abel <johnfabel@btinternet.com> writes:
>
> > Just a quick update.  As a final attempt, before I implemented
> > Martin's suggestion, I chaged the order of the includes.
>
> Then you are operating Python out of its specification. See
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/includes.html
>
> Good luck, and be prepared for random crashes.
>
> > Having Python.h last in the includes, solved everything (apart from
> > a warning, about _FILE_OFFSET_BITS being redefined.  If it's already
> > defined by the OS, does pyconfig.h have to define it?).  Is there
> > somewhere to log things such as this?  Does it warrant a bug report?
>
> There is no bug AFAICT.

OK, I can see why Python.h has to be first, but surely, abiding by the spec
shouldn't prevent code from executing properly?  Should I raise a bug report
for this?  I'm guessing that only Solaris is affected (though maybe other
BSD-types are, too?  AFAIK, only Solaris has the /proc oddity).  I'd like to
be able to produce compliant modules.  I'd like to help, if I can.

Regards

John