[Python-Dev] cygwin errors

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:23:17 -0400

[Tim]
>> That's OK.  There was another failure in test_time, but I don't
>> remember that details anymore.

[Brett]
> Is it that tzset test that keeps failing that everyone who has Red Hat
> 6.2 seems to be about to test at some point today?

No -- see later email.

> Done.  Should Jeremy's change to test_logging be backed out?

test_logging should clean up after itself as a matter of principle.  It
wasn't.  I'm not sure it is now, though -- hardcoding locale to "C" doesn't
necessarily restore the initial value.  Nobody seems to understand why
test_logging changed the locale to begin with, though!  The easiest way for
it clean up after itself would be not to do anything in need of cleaning up.