[Python-Dev] Test_coercion failing on Panther for complex numbers

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:49:54 +0200

On dinsdag, 22 juli 2003, at 23:28PM, Tim Peters wrote:

> [Jack Jansen]
>> I need a little guidance with bug #775892. I think it's non-serious,
>> but I'm not sure (and I don't know how easy it is to fix).
>>
>> Test_coercion is failing on the beta for MacOSX 10.3. All the failures
>> have the same form: the output is (XXX-0j) in stead of the expected
>> (XXX+0j).
>
> It isn't serious, and we've (you & I) been thru this failure before
> <wink>.
> If the compiler for this box has some sort of switch named along the
> lines
> of "don't used fused multiply-add", it should cure it.

Ah... Long ago in a universe far from here... I remember, I had the
same problem on MacOS9 at some point.

But the strange thing with the current incarnation of the problem is
that the exact same binary (build on OSX 10.2) passes test_coercion on
10.2 but fails it on 10.3. Could the C library be involved?