[Python-Dev] Test_coercion failing on Panther for complex numbers

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:08:28 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> writes:

> On dinsdag, 22 juli 2003, at 23:28PM, Tim Peters wrote:
>
>> [Jack Jansen]
>>> I need a little guidance with bug #775892. I think it's non-serious,
>>> but I'm not sure (and I don't know how easy it is to fix).
>>>
>>> Test_coercion is failing on the beta for MacOSX 10.3. All the failures
>>> have the same form: the output is (XXX-0j) in stead of the expected
>>> (XXX+0j).
>>
>> It isn't serious, and we've (you & I) been thru this failure before
>> <wink>.
>> If the compiler for this box has some sort of switch named along the
>> lines
>> of "don't used fused multiply-add", it should cure it.
>
> Ah... Long ago in a universe far from here... I remember, I had the
> same problem on MacOS9 at some point.
>
> But the strange thing with the current incarnation of the problem is
> that the exact same binary (build on OSX 10.2) passes test_coercion on
> 10.2 but fails it on 10.3. Could the C library be involved?

Or the compiler.  Is Panther using the same gcc 3.3 as the last dev
tools update?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  This is not to say C++ = bad, Lisp = good.  It's to say
  C++ = bad irrespective of everything else.