[Python-Dev] posixpath.ismount() on non-posix systems

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic.de
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:36:55 +0200

Jack Jansen wrote:

> I've just filed bug #776207: test_posixpath fails on MacOS9. The problem
> is that it expects posixpath.ismount('/') to return true.

Checking ismount() was added as part of the port to PyUnit.

> But on OS9 it returns
> false. I'm unsure as to the correct behaviour of this on non-posix systems,
> does anyone have a suggestion? How does it behave on Windows? Should
> test_posixpath
> maybe only run some of the tests on non-posix systems?

If there isn't any path that reliably returns True or False the only
test we could do is:

assert_(isinstance(posixpath.ismount("/"), bool)

This would at least cover the code.

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald