[spambayes-dev] RE: [Python-Dev] RE: [Spambayes] Question (or possibly a bug report)

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:50:15 -0500

Jeez, this locale crap makes Unicode look positively delightful...

The SB Windows triumvirate (Mark, Tim, Tony) seem to have narrowed down the
problem quite a bit.  Is there some way to worm around it?  I take it with
the unmarshalling problem it's not sufficient to specify floating point
values without decimal points (e.g., 0.12 == 1e-1+2e-2).  Is the proposed
early specification of a locale in the config file sufficient to make things
work?

A foreign user of the nascent CSV module beat us up a bit during development
about not supporting different locales (I guess in Brazil the default
separator is a semicolon, which makes sense if your decimal "point" is a
comma).  Thank God we ignored him! ;-)

Skip