[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3c2

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:14:46 -0400

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 23:01, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>>
>> As described in PEP 283,
>> Python 2.3 final will be released before the end of July 2003.  We are
>> planning for Tuesday 29-Jul-2003 if everything looks good.
>
> Please note!  I've updated PEP 283 to reflect my hope that we can put
> out 2.3 final next Tuesday the 29th.  We don't want to cut it so close
> that we get screwed if SF takes a holiday on the 31st.  I think we're
> very very close (discussions about the timeRE cache later), so I hope we
> can hit this date.  If anybody feels otherwise, now's the time to bark
> loudly!

This is fine with me, but I'd like the official docs to still state that
the release takes place on 7/31.  This will facilitate coordiantion of
the press releases, I think.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz