[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Misc NEWS,1.826,1.827

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
25 Jul 2003 09:58:41 -0400

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 03:00, Brett C. wrote:

> One argument for not putting it back: I realized that it is not totally
> thread-safe because of the laziness of the figuring out the locale info
> (although switching the locale while running threads you are asking for
> trouble).  While there is no specific thread-safety claims, I would
> rather work the code to make it thread-safe before re-introducing caching.
>
> But if people feel otherwise it is easy to put back in.  I am abstaining
> from making any form of a vote on this since to not have a warped bias
> towards one side.

At this point, the code's probably better off left out than left in.  We
don't have time for another release candidate, and if Brett's against
putting it in, we need to defer to that.

-Barry