[Python-Dev] 2.3rc2 IDLE problems on a Win2000sp3 box

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:38:51 -0400

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
> Aahz <aahz@pythoncraft.com> writes:
>>
>> This is more code change than I'd like this late, but perhaps we
>> should pop up a dialog the first time IDLE starts that stores a key
>> in the registry when the user clicks OK.
>
> This doesn't help users on other platforms who may have similar
> concerns.  Perhaps a pop up and then store a marker in
> .idlerc/config-main.cfg to show it's no longer the first start?

That'd work, provided .idlerc/ is stored in a user's directory.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz