[Python-Dev] Switch to 2.4a0 on trunk?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:35:58 -0400

[Mark Hammond]
> I notice that parts of the trunk are reporting themselves as Python
> 2.4, but other key parts for Windows are still Python 2.3 - eg, the
> DLL name, the PC\*.rc files, etc.
>
> Should I check code in to move everything to a 2.4 world on the trunk?

Please do.  I had hoped to do that, but a work crisis has me on the road and
I won't be doing anything with Python this week.

> And while I am asking, I am a little uncertain about the CVS tags.
> Can someone explain the distinction between release23-branch and
> release23-fork for me?

Probably, but it doesn't matter <wink>.  xyz-fork is just a tag on the HEAD,
and xyz-branch is a branch that started life with the stuff with the
xyz-fork tag.

> Is there a branch that will track the "latest 2.3" for the next
> few years (ie, through 2.3.1, 2.3.2 etc?)

It doesn't appear that there is yet.  Barry?  It will be named
release23-maint.