[Python-Dev] Looking for programs using regular expressions

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:17:02 -0700

Scott A Crosby wrote:

> I'm working on techniques to automatically identify problematic
> regular expressions where carefully chosen inputs can cause a matcher
> to run for a long time.
>
> I need testcases, so I'm looking for Python software that that is
> widely used and also uses lots of regular expressions. Can anyone
> offer any suggestions of what I should look at? I'm also looking for
> Perl software.
>
> Thanks

Scott, this is the wrong place to be asking this.  Python-dev is used to
discuss the development of the Python language.  A better place to look
for an answer to your question is on comp.lang.python (which can also be
reached through python-list@python.org ).

But, to just go ahead an answer your question, the Python standard
library has several places where regexes are used.  You can search for
``import re`` or ``from re import`` to find modules that use regexes.

-Brett