[Python-Dev] Descriptor write-up [Draft: Please comment]

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 11:15:17 +0200

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> I would like to hammer this into something really useful.  So, any and all suggestions are welcome.

To be really useful, it should be part of the standard Python
documentation. So you should find a strategy to move this to the three
major components (tutorial, language ref, library ref). I think some of
it should go into section 3 of the language reference, and the rest into
the library reference (although there is already documentation for
property and classmethod - perhaps some of the builtins deserve their
own subsections). Perhaps the tutorial should be extended to include
examples for the "typical use cases".

Regards,
Martin