[Python-Dev] more-precise instructions for "Python.h first"?

David Abrahams dave@boost-consulting.com
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:04:24 -0400

martin@v.loewis.de (Martin v. L=F6wis) writes:

> David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:
>
>> That's a helpful nugget.  So which Python header(s) are responsible
>> for LFS selection?
>
> These are in pyconfig.h, namely _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS.

Fabulous.  I'd like the rule changed from:

   "Since Python may define some pre-processor definitions which
   affect the standard headers on some systems, you must include
   Python.h before any standard headers are included."

to:

   "Since Python may define some pre-processor definitions which
   affect the standard headers on some systems, you must include
   Python.h or pyconfig.h (Python's configuration header), before any
   standard headers are included."

That is precise wording, taken from
http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/includes.html

--=20