[Python-Dev] test_strptime failed

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:14:52 -0700

Brett C. wrote:
> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 17:56, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>>
>>> I've been running the python tests frequently today, from a checkout I
>>> did mid-morning.  I just noticed an unexpected failure.  This is with a
>>> regular build; I'll see if it is repeatable.
>>

>> It is repeatable.

I pass with no issues.

>> It looks like the regex is expecting EST and getting EDT.

Yep.  It looks like the timezones list is getting botched.

> I will take a look tomorrow.

I changed my mind.  =)

> Until then, Jeremy, can you see if it
> passes if you back out the recent changes that modified timezone
> handling (I think it was just the last one; added GMT and UTC
> acknowledgement as well as handilng the timezone better, or so I thought)?

So it is actually two versions ago; version 1.16 is what I would like
you to run (1.17 tried to make timzone handling more robust and 1.18
calls time.tzset in case there was a locale change since time.tzname
does not get changed without the call).  Can you also run the below line
of code and paste in what gets spit out?::

     >>> import time, _strptime; time.daylight; time.tzname;
_strptime.LocaleTime().timezone; time.daylight; time.tzname; time.tzset()

-Brett