[Python-Dev] Default constructor values (Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Doc/lib libfuncs.tex,1.134,1.135)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:42:20 -0400

[MAL]
> No idea, why Guido couldn't have come up with a similar explanation
> or a simple "hey, at the time I thought it was better this
> way". That ignorace probably caused the heat on my side, not the
> subject itself.

Often my decisions are gut feelings and I have a hard time
rationalizing them.  *OF COURSE* I thought it was better this way
(else I wouldn't have done it), but I didn't think you'd take that as
an explanation -- we were already beyond that point and you demanded a
real explanation.