[Python-Dev] Python language standard; LSB

sismex01@hebmex.com sismex01@hebmex.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:17:13 -0500

Actually, it's much, much worse than naive, it's fossilizing:
no program can continue evolving.  It reminds me of Microsoft's
DirectX thing, all recent versions contain all previous
versions, in order to replicate past version's behaviour,
downright to that caused by bugs or implementations errors.

> > > There is of course a thorough standard test suite for Python
> > Hmm. It should be somehow possible to get python (and perl)
> > into the LSB, hmm.
> >
> > > Other than that, I expect that including Python in LSB is more a
> > > matter of political will in the LSB committee than anything else.
> > I'm not that sure, at least for LSB 2.0 which is supposed to be
> > modulized this might actually happen. (Though probably only if also
> > Perl gets
> > included.)
>
> Why would Python only be included if Perl was also included?
> As I said, this is just politics.

Tobias: What if certain [Python] program contains code that
depends on behaviour caused by a bug, or an "interim" feature?
Should Python become fossilized?

:-(

-gca

pd: Please excuse and ignore following legalese :-(
--
Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la