[Python-Dev] Py2.3 Todo List

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:56:08 -0500

    >> For example, to do something really useful, get rid of the recursion
    >> in SRE (although this might be beyond the scope of a beta 2 as well).

    Gustavo> I've just done so! The recursion limit is gone.

Way to go, Gustavo!  I suspect we all owe you a beer (hic!). ;-)

    Gustavo> Now, for the question...

    Gustavo> <jumping frenetically> Can I commit!? Can I commit!? </>

If we weren't already at b1 I'd say go for it.  With the expectation of only
one more beta though, I'm not sure.  I'd like to see a third beta or
something else which would insure it gets plenty of testing.

Perhaps you could build a test coverage version of the interpreter using
gcc, run just the re regression tests and see if there are some lines of the
changed code which are not being properly exercised.  That would suggest
where more tests are warranted.

Skip