[Python-Dev] Py2.3 Todo List

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:46:28 +0200

tim wrote:

> BTW, it would be best to Fredrik Lundh's blessing for this, since sre is
> still "his" package.  I'm copying him on this.

on midsummer's eve?  I'm supposed to be eating pickled herring and
drinking schapps, not trying to decipher C code...

> Some version of Gustavo's patch is here:
>
>     http://www.python.org/sf/757624

looking at the patch, I'm 95% confident that it's the right thing (or close
enough to the right thing ;-)

but reading the unified patch is not exactly trivial; a brief prose description
of the new mechanism would be nice.

have you benchmarked this on "real-world" examples, and on more than one
platform?  before-and-after figures for xmllib/tokenize on large source files
would be a good indication on the performance impact (if any).

(and to be slightly nitpicking, I think it's good style to keep the alphabetical
order when adding stuff to lists that are already in alphabetical order, unless
you have really good reasons no to...)

</F>