[Python-Dev] SF CVS hosed?

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:44:38 -0400

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> writes:

> Since a couple of days sourceforge runs non-ssh CVS off the backup
> CVS server, so you see a picture that is 24 hours old. I got bitten
> by this yesterday.

Yes, on 13Jun I submitted a comment to the master bug they opened on
CVS performance.  They took both anonymous cvs and ViewCVS out of sync.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=721915&group_id=1&atid=200001

My suggestion was to somehow provide current data to the developers on
a given project.

I have not as yet received a reply, though another comment was posted
by Moorman requesting no more comments (though the text of the original
bug requested comment :) because of the traffic generated by comments.

(So I sent a private email suggesting that SF consider sending the
changes to a tracker item instead of the whole item every time someone
makes a comment.  I'm not holding my breath.)

Lately there have been a number of complaints that the anoncvs/ViewCVS is
as much as 3 days out of date, including one from Bruce Sherwood for
VPython.

In addition, the nightly tarballs are three days out of date, at least
on some projects, and they are getting many complaints on that.

The SF staff has taken to answering all comments and requests by posting
boilerplate.

Taken in with the general web site delays and errors, it does seem
like SF control over the situation is unraveling.

__
KBK