[Python-Dev] Py2.3 Todo List

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:06:28 +0200

On Monday, Jun 23, 2003, at 08:18 Europe/Amsterdam, Martin v. L=F6wis=20
wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>
>> Why is that ? The proposed APIs will work just like their
>> counterparts for the internal Unicode/string conversion which
>> have proven to quiet down discussions about choosing ASCII
>> as default encoding. I expect the same to happen for the
>> Python source code encoding default.
>
> It just occurred to me that these people can put
>
> import warnings
> warnings.filterwarnings("ignore", ".*pep-0263", DeprecationWarning)
>
> into site.py to achieve nearly the same effect that they would get
> with sys.setsourceencoding.

It would silence the warnings, but I would guess that if you actually
processed the file (for instance, open it in Idle) you would see
strange characters, no?
If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma=20
Goldman