[Python-Dev] [ANN] SciPy '03 -- The 2nd Annual Python for Scientific Computing Workshop

eric jones eric@enthought.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:08:02 -0500

Hey folks,

I've been postponing this announcement because the registration page
isn't active yet.  It's getting late though, and I thought I'd at least
let you know SciPy '03 is happening.  I'll repost when registration is
open.

Thanks,
Eric

SciPy '03
The 2nd Annual Python for Scientific Computing Workshop

CalTech, Pasadena, CA
September 11-12, 2003

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/scipy03

This workshop provides a unique opportunity to learn and affect what is
happening in the realm of scientific computing with Python. Attendees
will have the opportunity to review the available tools and how they
apply to specific problems. By providing a forum for developers to share
their Python expertise with the wider industrial, academic, and research
communities, this workshop will foster collaboration and facilitate the
sharing of software components, techniques and a vision for high level
language use in scientific computing.

The cost of the workshop is $100.00 and includes 2 breakfasts and 2
lunches on Sept. 11th and 12th, one dinner on Sept. 11th, and snacks
during breaks.  Online registration is not available yet, but will be
soon.

We would like to have a wide variety of presenters this year.  If you
have a paper you would like to present, please contact
eric@enthought.com.

Discussion about the conference may be directed to the SciPy-user
mailing list:

Mailinbg list address: scipy-user@scipy.org

Please forward this announcement to anyone/list that might be
interested.

-------------
Co-Hosted By:
-------------

The National Biomedical Computation Resource (NBCR, SDSC, San Diego, CA)
http://nbcr.sdsc.edu
The mission of the National Biomedical Computation Resource at the San
Diego
Supercomputer Center is to conduct, catalyze, and enable biomedical
research by harnessing advanced computational technology.

The Center for Advanced Computing Research (CACR, CalTech, Pasadena, CA)
http://nbcr.sdsc.edu
CACR is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the field of
high-performance computing, communication, and data engineering. Major
activities include carrying out large-scale scientific and engineering
applications on parallel supercomputers and coordinating collaborative
research projects on high-speed network technologies, distributed
computing and database methodologies, and related topics. Our goal is to
help further the state of the art in scientific computing.

Enthought, Inc. (Austin, TX)
http://enthought.com
Enthought, Inc. provides scientific and business computing solutions
through software development, consulting and training.

eric jones                    515 Congress Ave
www.enthought.com             Suite 1614
512 536-1057                  Austin, Tx 78701